Attendees can participate individually or in teams and teams can be formed prior to the Hackathon. Attendees are responsible for coming to the event with Fin-tech related ideas or finding a team to work with during the Hackathon. The Hackathon organizers and Technology partners may also provide teams potential ideas to work on and offer prizes to the best team.
APIs and platforms from technology partners will be made available during the Hackathon. Attendees will spend 72 hours coding, validating their ideas, networking and then demoing their hacks to a panel of VCs, executives and entrepreneurs. Participant will be given the opportunities to identify problems in the communities as they relates to health, security, fin-tech, and agriculture.
Fifty (50) teams will be shortlisted for the Hackathon.
Prizes and Benefits
- Access to local and international incubator and accelerator programs
- Exposure to investors and opportunities to deploy solutions.Benefits
- Cash prizes of 50k, 70k and 100k respectively plus Gadgets for the top 3 teams
- Instant Employment for high performing participants
- Learn the tool that gives more value to your knowledge
Our QTI program will run for three days; June 12-14th, 2019. The first day will have the 500 participants accredited and grouped. Day two will see participants working with their various teams on any chosen areas approved by the QTI team; Health, Security, Finance, Agriculture and Transport
As part of our Goal to ensure the youth are relevant to society through innovative technological development, The QHnet Team has streamline the qualifying criteria as follow
1. Must be a Nigerian
2. Must solve the problem or meet the needs of at least TEN Million Nigerians
3. Must be an original idea or an improvement on an already existing technology or products
4. Must be commercially viable
5. Must be simple to use
6. Applicant must not be other than 35 years old.
Note; There is a N3,000 Participation fee